Helping in the Aftermath of Fatal Car Accidents

Fatal Car Accidents

Thousands of Floridians are killed in car crashes annually. If a member of your family has suffered this tragic fate, the attorneys at Heller & Heller, P.A., in Coral Springs are here to help you as you pursue compensation for your loved one’s loss.

We understand that while life will never be the same without your spouse, child or parent, a fair settlement or judgment can go a long way toward helping a family get back on its feet financially following a fatal collision.

Although talking to a lawyer about your rights may not be a high priority immediately after a car accident, it is advisable to seek counsel as soon as possible. If you wait too long, recovery may be barred due to a failure to comply with the Florida statute of limitations. A delay can also reduce a family’s chance for recovery due to the decay of tangible evidence and the fading memories of witnesses.

Bringing a Wrongful Death Claim Under Florida Law

Wrongful death lawsuits arising from fatal car accidents are usually governed by the principles of negligence law. In negligence cases, four elements must be satisfied before a claimant can recover compensation:

  • Did the defendant owe the decedent a duty of care?
  • Did the defendant breach that duty?
  • Did the breach directly result in an accident?
  • Were quantifiable damages incurred?

How We Can Help

Wrongful death cases tend to be complex. They may involve a multitude of claims, parties, defenses and cross claims. It is useful to hire an attorney who is experienced in such cases early on. We have the experience you need. We will identify possible defendants, advise a family as to any possible complications, and work toward a fair settlement or prepare your case for a trial, if necessary.

To schedule a free consultation, call Heller & Heller, P.A., at 954-340-0037 or contact us online. We help accident victims and their families in Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Delray Beach, Boca Raton and throughout Broward County.